Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Harry Potter Wood Signs Tutorial

Some of the "extra" decorations that added to our Harry Potter Mystery Dinner Party, were the Wooden Signs.  For me it was all of these little extra details that added the most.

Luckily these were another inexpensive project.
I had the wood, paint, and tools on hand.
I got the wood for free before on Craigslist, so I would bet you could find some free too.
But if not, or if your wood isn't old, I added some links for aging the wood below.

I just "eyed" this project, cutting my wood based on the sizes I had on hand.
I also, just free hand painted the words, but you can print it off, and trace it onto the wood to make it easier.  Or I have a some links below for some added tips and ideas. Both would probably look way better, I was just in a big hurry so I didn't bother.


How to Age Wood Link:
http://sugarbabyboutique.blogspot.com/2012/08/how-to-weather-age-wood.html?m=1

Painting on Wood Links:
how to trace and paint on wood- http://thatsmyletter.blogspot.com/2011/07/f-is-for-food.html
how to transfer printed letters onto wood- http://www.domestically-speaking.com/category/how-to


For the rest of the Harry Potter Murder Mystery Dinner Party details, printables, tutorials and the Murder Mystery Dinner Script look: here


And for the original Harry Potter Party with tons of printables, recipes, and much more look: here


1 comment:

  1. I am trying to download some of the printables for a HP theme bday party for my mom's 60th and it keeps bringing me back to the main page. Have you removed the labels, etc?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...