So if you like chocolate and peanut butter, even a little...these are to die for!
I had been craving them, but not wanting to make a whole pan that I know I would end up eating... So when a bunch of girls came over for a craft night I jumped at the chance to make them. And they were worth it!
The recipe can be found here at Betty Crocker's website. But I will explain it below.
(and ingredients called for on box: oil, water, eggs)
-1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
-1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of 13 x 9 inch pan (I suggest greasing with butter wrappers discussed here).
2. In medium bowl mix brownies as directed, then pour into pan and bake as directed on package. So that a toothpick inserted a few inches from the end comes out almost clean. Let cool, about an hour.
3. In medium bowl (I just used the well scrapped out brownie mix bowl) beat Peanut Butter Layer ingredients with electric mixer on medium, until smooth. Spread evenly over brownies.
4. In microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate topping ingredients in microwave for 30-60 seconds on High. Stir until smooth. Cool tem min. Then spread over peanut butter layer.
5. Refridgerate for 30 min.