Friday, May 17, 2013

Scotcharoos: Chocolate Butterscotch Bars


These are a crowd pleaser.
One of my very favorites and the best part...they are quick and easy.

My husband grew up with Scotcharoo's and introduced me to them a few years back.
Oh, they are good. The chocolate with the butterscotch is a perfect match.

Ingredients:
1 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Light Corn Syrup
6 cups Rice Krispies
1 bag Milk Chocolate Chips
1 bag Butterscotch Chips

Directions:
Grease a 13x9 inch pan. In saucepan bring sugar & corn syrup to boil. Then add peanut butter. Stir until melted. Then remove from heat. Combine with 6 c. Rice Krispies (I like to have these pre-measured in a large mixing bowl.  Then I pour the hot sugar mixture over the Rice Krispies). Spread and press mixture into 13x9 pan. Melt bags of chocolate and butterscotch chips together in microwave about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, depending on microwave.  Heat until just melted. Stir then spread over Rice Krispie mixture. Cool in Fridge.

4 comments:

  1. I have been making these for years! It is the first time I have ever seen the recipe online! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these and they are hard as a brick. Any idea why they would of gotten so hard?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to boil sugar & corn syrup until it's clarify & immediately stop boil, this will make them chewy, instead of hard!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...