Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

Overall it was a success.
Although I didn't get to everything I had planned, we had more
than enough to eat and plenty of excitement.
Decorations...thanks to HowDoesShe?

The Pistachio Cupcakes, (found here) were delicous...but mine didn't turn out as I hoped.  I am wondering if it is due to the high altitude we now live in?  I did add 6 drops of green food coloring. 
Either way, the batter consistancy, and taste, were perfect. 
I baked them as directed, but they were still very liquidy in the center.  I had to bake them an extra 7 min. And they still sunk in the center.  Plus the extra baking time browned the edges. Sad.  Still I highly recomment the recipe and hopefully it was just me! 

Also, the Cucumber Bites are a high recommendation. Easiest recipe ever.
1 8oz package of cream cheese mixed with 1 ranch dressing package.
Spread on a sliced Baguette. And Place one thin sliced cucumber on each.

I'm not even a cucumber fan, and I love them.
The visit from the Leprechaun is a tradition.  Footprints, are easiest with Tempra Paint. Easy clean up too.
 Usually I make a potato stamp for the foot prints, but this time I just cut it out of a marshmellow. 
Worked like a charm and much faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...